Join mental health counselor, coach, and educator Dave Jetson as he provides valuable insights into the perils of anger and the energy behind it. The workshop will take place from Thursday, September 20th, through Sunday, September 23rd.
Through a wealth of research and over ten years in the counseling profession, Dave has worked with numerous individuals to overcome obstacles involving anger. With power to motivate or to create distance from others, anger can cause life altering problems if not addressed in a healthy manner. Anger can be useful, productive and respectful, yet few people have had the opportunity to experience this type of anger. Together, Dave will help participants recognize the energy behind anger that causes them to act or respond to people and situations in ways they later regret. This workshop will offer mental health psycho-education for participants who want to create positive change in their lives by reducing the tension, anxiety and chaos through the healthy release of anger.
• Explore the origins and energy of anger
• Explore how patterns are created that cause anger to become destructive
• Explore the difference between straight and sideways anger
• Explore the effects of releasing anger in ways that hurt participants and others
• Explore the relationship that anger has with fear, guilt, shame and co-dependency
• Explore healthy techniques to release anger
• Explore how sadness hides behind anger
• Explore how historical and present trauma contributes to anger
• Explore the relationship of anger and lying, and of anger and love
• Explore generational patterns that have contributed to anger
• Explore the pain associated with anger
• Explore the perceived power of anger
Where: Terra Sancta, Rapid City, SD http://terrasancta.org/retreat-center/
When: Thursday, September 20 @ 5:00 pm thru Sunday, September 23, 2012 @ 11:00 am
Cost: $1,700. Includes workshop, food, and lodging
Pre-registration with deposit of $850.00 per couple is required due to limited space.
Deposit is non-refundable after September 3, 2012.
About the author: